- You are going to have pregnancy brain. Embrace it. And don’t try to fight it. Most likely you will forget even this article. So just enjoy sweet oblivion.
- Read more. Though, try to avoid articles in cheap magazines. Choose books that will give you working practical advices and tips. Try “The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition And Other Holistic Choices” or “Sacred Pregnancy: A Loving Guide And Journal For Expectant Moms”. Here is the list of best pregnancy books. And you’ll get distracted. Reading can help make the 40 weeks journey a bit easier to manage.
- Do yoga. Or stretch. Lie in bed, grab the toes, and pull them back toward your head while keeping your knee straight and as close to the mattress as you can. Remember to stretch gradually, avoiding bouncing movements.
- Buy a belly band and a sleeping pillow. A belly band will prevent your belly muscles from stretching too much and reduce pressure on your back. A sleeping pillow is a lifesaver. But you can use your hubby as a pillow. That’s what I do.
- Enjoy sex. And by saying “enjoy” I mean have sex as often as you want. Luckily, for the vast majority of women, sex right up until their due date is perfectly safe. Unless you have following conditions:
- Your practitioner has counseled against it for any reason.
- You have unexplained bleeding and a history of premature birth or labor.
- You have placenta previa, a condition where a portion of the placenta covers the cervix.
- Your water has broken.
- You are currently experiencing bleeding.
- You’re in the last trimester, carrying multiples.
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil before every meal. If you are constipating, it will help. Plus coconut oil will prevent stretch marks.
- Drink a lot of water. Water will deep you hydrated and prevent swelling.
- If you have older kids, spend more time with them. Say how you love them and how new baby loves them.
- Do manicure, pedicure and feet massage before the dew date. Actually, try to do it at least once a month during pregnancy. You are not ill, you’re pregnant! No excuses.
- Eat healthy. You will have cravings and morning thickness. It will change your eating habits. But try to keep it as healthy as possible. Check the blog for some healthy 5 minute recipes.
Here you can find tips for every week. Step by step.
Stay healthy, mommies!