New York is truly one of the biggest and diverse cities in the world.
Variety comes as a nice bonus. Variety is in every industry. But when it comes to food… It’s simply incredible, how much this city has to offer.
Starting with simple hotdogs and ending with sophisticated healthy foods, made with organic ingredients and rare imported spices.
We are planning to discover the best this industry has to offer. And show you how NYC food Trucks are rocking it and kicking bacons of some local fancy restaurants.
Today’s special is Shuka Truck
3 passionate young jewish guys + 1 truck + 1 delicious national dish (shakshuka) = unforgettable urban interpretation of traditional staple of Tunisian and Israeli cuisines.
Gabriel, Josh and Solomon are simply awesome! They are a great example of people following their dreams. Being tremendous foodies, talented businessmen and persistent workers, they managed to create an outstanding restaurant, that every gourmet will appreciate.
We recently spent a whole hour inside the truck, just to say:
- the food is FRESH. Really FRESH. Either is cooked and packed the same day (like salads). Or prepared right in front of you.
- the spices that guys use are imported from Israel. Trust us on this, you will never forget that flavor!
- you better come early, because guys run out of food in minutes! And there is always a line.
- it’s organic (we carefully checked)
- they change locations. To keep track visit their website
The menu is quite simple
It consists only of 3 dishes. Each being offered in form of sandwich or platter.
Our personal favorite is Green Shakshuka
Being a child of chef Gabriel, it is an absolutely unique combination traditional cooking approach and revolutionary ingredients. As yet, it’s not served anywhere else in the City, we strongly suggest you to come and try it! Before it becomes the next cronut!