Did you know that?
- More than 2/3 of moms think they work harder at their job than non-moms or their male counterparts?
- 65% of moms don’t expect their employer to be lenient because they’re mother.
- Of those surveyed , more than 68% have a four-year college or graduate degree.
Source of the infographic Pinterest
What worries moms the most about returning to work?
- Too much time away from their kids.
- Lack of work/life balance.
- Childcare: finding someone they trust to watch their children.
- Adding more stress to their lives.
- Cost of childcare $$$.
Top 3 reasons moms work:
- They love what they do.
- They want to encourage a strong work ethic in their children.
- Their children are at school all time.
3 reasons why moms don’t mention they have children in interviews:
- Worried they want get hired.
- Concerned it will limit their ability to negotiate compensation.
- Afraid it will limit their ability to negotiate personal time off.
In an interview: 59% mention they have children.
What excites moms about going back to work?
- 44% adult interaction, independence and practicing their craft (I would debate with illusionary “independence”, though)
Moms prioritize a work/life balance to ensure they can work but still ample time with their kids and families.
- 45% moms work full-time.
- 55% wish they could work part-time.
- 67% said even if they didn’t need money, they would continue to work part-time.
42% of moms feel work/life balance is the most important quality while looking for a job.
Other qualities they didn’t register as high for moms:
- Loving where I work – 9%
- Compensation – 7%
- Company culture – 5%
- The commute – 2%
- Personal/vacation time – 1%
For those who have real experience of interacting with young moms at work we dedicate this Video *)))
Source of the main photo