While we were chilling on the Governors island, we had a quite interested talk with other mommies.
We raised a challenging question.
How can you prevent your child from unnecessary (or even harmful) information?
I mean, internet is totally overwhelmed with porn, violent games and movies, abusive language and a lot of other absolutely useless waste. Today’s digital world is a threat.
What can we do with it? How to protect our children?
These are questions, that will remain on the front burner for a long time.
Of course we have to educate our children and form their tastes and desires. As we already know, the most important thing is environment. But our kids go to school and other extracurricular activities, where they meet new people. And this is totally out of our control.
And all those phones and tablets with unlimited access to the web…
But we are not desperate! As technologies are evolving and developing, solutions come.
I’ve found this awesome app, while I was searching how other parents deal with this problem.
It’s called eKAVACH Parental Control App and it truly is a future of digital parenting.
It’s a unique mobile parental control application for parents which offers families comprehensive safety in the online world and offers sufficient parental supervision and control over a child’s activities across various digital media to ensure focused learning outcomes and appropriate usage of social media.
It gives you possibility to monitor and control internet time, enable content filtering and safe search on your kids’ smart phones and tablets to provide safe browser experience.
Isn’t this just what we need?
You can visit the website for more info.
eKAVACH offers unique insights about the behavior and activities of kids, when they are online and on the move, which can help parents to make better and more informed decisions about their children.
The name eKAVACH™ has been derived from the Hindi word “Kavach”, which means a shield. Through eKAVACH™, Certus Technologies is offering a mobile electronic shield to parents to protect their children from falling prey to cyber bullying, online grooming, inappropriate web content and other forms of online security risks.
The main features of eKAVACH parental control app are :
- Safe browsing, content filtering and safe search for major browsers – Prevents buy valtrex online exposure to inappropriate content such as pornography, sex by setting auto age-appropriate web category filter for children. Parents can also define custom filters based on their own parenting style for safe browsing experience for kids
- Set Healthy Access Limit for Internet Usage- Aimed at internet safety of your kids, this feature reduces internet addiction by limiting screen time per day
- Keep a tab over gaming and other applications – This feature reduces exposure of kids to inappropriate apps, prevents gaming and social networking as in Facebook, Whatsapp and Twitter apps as parents can set healthy time limits or block access to any app
- Real Time Alerts & Push Notifications for breaches – Can helps parents to mitigate any kind of risk to their kids to ensure child safety. Parents can customize alerts notifications. Receive SMS notifications if there is no internet connection.
- View Dashboard of your child’s online activities – Enable positive parenting by analyzing the types of sites your child visits / tries to visit, type of apps kids download. Take a step towards digital parenting by viewing these trends from your child’s dashboard
- Remotely Manage activities – eKAVACH parental control app allows family access from anywhere, anytime. Be it from office or on the move, there is no need to be physically around to ensure child safety
- Device Heartbeat & Geo-location – Monitor child device reach through device heartbeat monitoring. Geo coordinates helps the parents to track location of their children for their safety.
- Family Relaxation Time – Gives parents the ability to define quality family access time for meals or other family activities. All internet and app access will be blocked during these times to give kids a break
- Emergency Child Notification to Parents – Kids can send SOS message to parents from the child device in case of an emergency. Parents will receive message with geo location to ensure timely assistance and child safety
- Communication with Parents – Child application also allows kids to send regular messages to parents for conversations with them any time of the day
I’m so excited about this app!
Oh! And the best part is, this app is TOTALLY FREE!
Here is where you can download it.
Main pic from here.