What the hell is GSE?
GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) is a truly miraculous remedy. It cures flu, viruses, fungus, acne… I can go on, because the list is simply endless. Especially this strange mid season. When viruses are having parties.
But let’s take a closer look on why the hell it is so good!
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) has very high amounts of disease-fighting, free-radical eliminating antioxidants and phytonutrients called bioflavonoids. One of these powerful bioflavanoids (plant antioxidants) include the chemical component hesperidin, a well-known natural immune-system stimulator and booster.4
Chemical analysis of grapefruit seed extract shows additional antioxidant constituents including Vitamin C, sterols, tocopherols, citric acid, liminoids, and other trace minerals. Perhaps most exciting in regard to GSE’s health benefits is its anti-cancer potentials. Studies done on the compounds in GSE’s seed and pulp have found that these bioactive agents may be able to inhibit the occurrence of colon cancer.
A recent study done by Microbiologists from the University of Georgia found that GSE was a very effective non-toxic disinfectant. Sadly, commonly-used disinfectant have high levels of toxicity and are harmful to humans, animals and the environment. The same study found that GSE demonstrates a “wide spectrum of activity,” including antiviral, antimycotic, and antiprotozoan capacities against many bacteria and viruses, including E.Coli. It was also found to be an effective cleanser as a a pre-surgical soap.
Another recent study from The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that grapefruit-seed extract was effective in killing over “800 bacterial and viral strains, 100 strains of fungus, and a large number of single and multi-celled parasites.” No other naturally-occuring anti-microbial can come close to these results.
Grapefruit Seed Extract is associated with the following potential health benefits:
- Powerful natural antiseptic.
- Antiviral and anti-fungal agent.
- Possible anti-cancer properties.
- Promotes the healing of wounds and scar tissue.
- Possible cholesterol-lowering properties due to the presence of the flavanoid naringin (a well-known plasma lipid reducer and plasma antioxidant activator).
- Excellent remedy for toenail fungal infections.
- Treatment for sinus, vaginal and topical skin infections.
- Evironmentally-friendly fruit and vegetable wash for removing toxins.
- Effective preventative for Candida and other forms of yeast infection.
- Inhibits the formation of harmful intestinal organisms, including Giardia, without reducing levels of healthy bowel flora.
- Acts as a natural preservative for cosmetics.
- Can replace chlorine in swimming pools, public baths, water and sewage treatment centers, and it also used as a general water-purifying mechanism.
- May reduce chances of developing coronary heart disease in high-risk patients due to high pectin content in Grapefruit seed extract.
- Possible anti-biotic activity.
- Aids to alkalize the body, and is one of the world’s most alkaline forming foods, helping to stabilize acidic pH levels, a central component for health rejuvenation.
- Great general immune system booster.
Info from globalhealingcenter.
Sounds amazing, right?
I don’t even ask our physician why he never offers this remedy instead of antibiotics. Especially when it come to kids. It will literally destroy all of the health providing system, so just don’t bother. But keep a bottle at home as an over the counter remedy!
- Due to strong taste, it can be hard to make your little one to consume it. There is only one thing that masks the taste completely (trust me on this, I tried everything else) – it’s ORANGE JUICE.
- GSE is remarkably good for skin. The baby wipes recipe that includes GSE is the best I ever tried.
- Works better on rashes and acne than any other cream or lotion. Makes a good diaper cream too.
- If you have a sensitive stomach, eat something before ingesting GSE.