The pomegranate season is here!
And I’m fully into it!
Not only are these fruits are absolutely delicious, they also have a superfood status!
Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory effects anti-angiogenic properties, contain natural aromatase inhibitors. It also contains powerful antioxidants called Punicalagins.
They are proven to help prevent and fight cancers as well as other diseases.
In other words pomegranates are absolutely essential!
I don’t know about you, but I kind of hate peeling pomegranates. My worst nightmare!
Especially for people like me POM created POM POMS Fresh Arils.
Now, let’s get back to the recipe!
Irresistible POMegranate Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 lime
- 1 small red onion
- 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 4.3 oz cup of POM POMS fresh arils
1. Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Score the seed of the avocado with a blunt knife and turn clockwise. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Tip: Put one seed in a bowl. This will keep your guacamole from darkening. Smart, huh?
2. Add lime zest and lime juice
3. Finely chop the onion and add minced chiles.
4. Mix everything with potato masher.
Add a some salt and a sprinkle of olive oil!
Top with POM POM arils!