One the most favorite recipe of all generations. Shortbread ginger cookies are classics! What more can you add? Well, we mastered the classics and add a bit of flavor.
These are the BEST ginger cookies you have ever tried.
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/5 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon burbon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup minced ginger
- 1 ristretto
- In a small pot on a medium heat combine ginger and 1/2 sugar. Stir frequently. Put aside when sugar is melted completely.
- Mix butter and 1 cup of sugar until combined.
- Add vanilla, 2 teaspoons water and coffee. Mix.
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Combine butter mixture and flour. Mix well.
- Add ginger
- Shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Use the roller. The dough sheet has to be approximately 3/8 inch thick. Cut circles or triangles or hearts 🙂
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 20 to 25 minutes on 350F.ENJOY!
Main photo credit Neha Deshmukh